- ?Increase Your Fundraising: The Courage to Make a ?Case for Support?
Many nonprofit organizations want to increase their fundraising, but don?t put the time and energy into ?making the case? that will compel donors and funders to ?invest? in their programs, services and the organization overall. This workshop encourages participants to challenge assumptions and get past your ?immunity to change? with your fundraising strategy. Participants will:
- Understand how the economic environment is impacting the nonprofit sector and how to identify opportunities despite current challenges
- Identify methods to quantify the case for support to increase your major fundraising efforts:
- Articulate the long-term vision for your organization and programs
- Identify and quantify the compelling community need(s) your mission address(es)
- Understand the ?true? costs associated with the program(s) that you are attempting to fund
- Develop a ?case for support? that describes the ?return on investment? associated with your program(s) and/or organization
- ?Increase Your Fundraising: Implementing Effective Grantsmanship?
Incorporating grantsmanship into your fundraising portfolio is not simply about writing a grant. Effectively positioning your organization to attract funding through grant writing requires strategic thinking and orchestration. Participants will learn about the ?infrastructure? required to successfully procure and manage grants as well as strategies to improve your chances for grant writing success. Participants will:
- Understand the internal functions and systems that support successful grant writing including project management, program development, outcomes measurement and management, as well as collaboration and partnership development.
- Learn how to identify, research and develop relationships with grant sources that are a good ?mission match? for your program(s) and/or organization.
- Identify the critical success factors for successful grant writing.
- ?Leadership in the New Decade?
In this new decade, with the complexity of our world and its changing demographics, effective leadership is critical to organizational sustainability. Today?s leaders must have highly developed skills in various disciplines, especially in workforce development and human resources management, to be effective in today?s environment. Participants will:
- Assess their personal leadership skills and identify strategies to grow their leadership competencies and fill functional gaps
- Learn strategies to value differences to effectively work and communicate with various generations, including critical success factors in achieving and managing employee diversity
- Identify and implement strategies to improve and ensure individual leadership effectiveness.
- ?Increasing Your Social Media (and Community) Presence?
?Who are our target audiences, what do we want from them and what do we need to communicate to them?? are the questions that we should be asking (in that order) whenever we start thinking about public relations, marketing or social media campaigns. Effective outreach and social media campaigns incorporate branding and marketing into strategic communications, targeted to specific groups to achieve desired outcomes. Participants will:
- Understand the elements of market positioning and the critical success factors in ?building a brand?
- Outline key target audiences and identify key messages to create the foundation of a communications strategy
- Learn strategies to implement your marketing and community relations and maximize the benefit of social media in your marketing mix.
- ?Effective Recruiting, Hiring and Onboarding: How to Compete in Today?s Job Market?
Beginning in 2018, the US had more job openings than unemployed individuals and the trend continues. How does a nonprofit compete in this job market? In the short run, differentiating our mission and focusing on improving our recruiting, hiring and onboarding efforts can make a difference. Over the long run, nonprofits will have to look more strategically at overall organizational structure in order to be sustainable. This workshop focuses on short-term strategies that can be implemented to improve your recruiting, hiring and onboarding within the context of longer-term thinking. Participants will:
- Understand best practices in recruitment, hiring and onboarding staff to facilitate employee engagement and retention
- Discuss the role(s) of technology, human resources and hiring managers in supporting recruitment, hiring and onboarding
- Explore the role of organizational culture as a recruitment and retention tool.
- Employee Engagement and Talent Management
In today?s world, less than 40% of employees in most companies are fully engaged. Understanding how to effectively engage and manage talent is a critical success factor in organizational sustainability. Participants will:
- Understand best practices in talent management and methods to incorporate key components of talent management into your organization
- Learn the role of supervisors and managers in supporting employee empowerment and engagement along with the training and support required to enable them to be effective in supporting talent management
- Identify methods to prioritize and implement your talent management support investments.